Sirona SX2 i-Size
- Largest selection of CYBEX products
- Free 30 day returns
- Secure payment methods of your choice
- Customer support by CYBEX experts
- Quick and easy to get your child onboard
- Comfortable travel in the safest position
- Preset side-protection for error-free installation
Automatically safe and easy travel
It only takes a moment to get your child onboard and to swivel the seat to a rear-facing position, safe and secure from the start of your trip. If you wish to switch your child to forward-facing when they grow bigger, 360˚ rotation lets you do it in seconds. And the advanced Linear Side-impact Protection System is preset for immediate use – one less thing to take care of so you can focus on enjoying the journey ahead.
- i-Size Norm, UN R129/03
- Height: 61 – 105 cm (from 45 cm with newborn inlay)
- Weight: max. 18 kg
- Age: from approx. 3 months up to 4 years (from birth with newborn inlay)
- 360˚ rotation mechanism
- Rear-facing car seat
- Advanced Linear Side-impact Protection
- Energy Reduction Technology
- One-hand recline function
- Height-adjustable headrest
- Belt holder
- Energy-absorbing shell
- Fabric covers machine washable at 30°
- Compatible with Newborn inlay, Summer cover, Cup holder, ISOFIX guides, Sensorsafe 4-in-1 Kit
Installation with ISOFIX: Pay attention to the i-Size logo. If a vehicle seat is marked with this logo, it is suitable for use with all i-Size child seats and will therefore not appear in our list of compatible vehicles. If your vehicle does not have an i-Size seat, please check the compatibility of your vehicle. If your vehicle is not displayed, please contact our customer service team.
- 360˚rotation mechanism
- The 360° rotation mechanism takes the back strain out of get…
- Rear-facing car seat
- A rear-facing car seat improves your child’s safety in the e…
- Advanced L.S.P.
- Advanced Linear Side-impact Protection is ready to use from …
- Energy Reduction Technology
- Energy Reduction Technology improves safety performance duri…
- One-hand recline function
- The one-hand recline function makes a peaceful drive only a …
- Height-adjustable headrest
- The height-adjustable headrest has 12 settings for a customi…
- Belt holder
- The belt holders are a genius feature that give you a helpin…
- ISOFIX is a reliable way to install the car seat in your veh…
- Energy-absorbing shell
- The energy-absorbing shell is designed to flex with an impac…
- 710 mm
- 490 mm
- 680 mm
- 14.1 kg
What is included?
- Sirona SX2 i-Size Toddler Car Seat
- Integrated Base
- User Guide
Fits in your i-Size compatible car.
Rear-facing car seats must only be installed on the passenger seat if the front airbag has been deactivated. Placing your child on a passenger seat with an activated airbag poses an enormous risk of injury, and we at CYBEX strictly advise against this. For other types of car seats check the user manuals of both your car seat and your vehicle to find out if you should deactivate the airbag.
Statistics show that the safest place for a car seat is on the rear seat behind the front passenger seat. Side airbags do not put your child’s safety at risk. If you have no choice other than to use the front passenger seat, please ensure that the seat is pushed back as far as possible and that the airbag is deactivated.
Thick clothing prevents the harness/vehicle belt or impact shield from lying tight against the body of the child. Only a correctly adjusted restraint system can offer maximum protection. For this reason, your child should wear everyday clothing. Thick clothing such as winter jackets and clothing with hoods (e.g. hoodies) as well as hats should be avoided where possible. Once your child has been positioned in the car seat, he/she can be covered with an extra blanket for warmth.
We generally advise against switching to the next car seat prematurely. Even if your child’s feet protrude outside the car seat, your child has not necessarily grown out of the seat. However, if your child's head is protruding above the top edge of the highest headrest position, is taller than 105 cm, or weighs over 18 kg, it is time to change the car seat as it no longer affords sufficient protection to the vulnerable neck and head area. After changing the car seat, your child’s head should be positioned within the protective area of the height-adjustable headrest. If the new car seat has an impact shield, your child should be able to comfortably see over it. If your child disappears behind the impact shield, then he/she is definitely too small for the seat.
Yes, the side airbag can remain activated when using the car seat.
The Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P.) reduces the forces of a side-impact collision and thus also the risk of injury. The L.S.P folds out automatically during product unboxing on both sides. However, if there is insufficient space for the L.S.P. nearest the middle of the vehicle, it is not absolutely essential. For safety reasons, please ensure that the L.S.P. nearest the door is always installed or folded out.
Only a headrest adjusted to the optimum height will give your child the best possible protection and comfort. The height can be adjusted to various positions. The headrest must be adjusted so there is no more than 2 cm between the child’s shoulders and the bottom of the headrest.
It is not permitted to use the car seat on laterally-facing vehicle seats.
No, this car seat is not approved for use on an airplane.
Please follow the steps below:
• Select an appropriate vehicle seat
• Fold out the load leg (has to lock with an audible CLICK)
• Release the buttons of the ISOFIX locking arms and push them out of the base to the endstopper
• Push the ISOFIX locking arms into the ISOFIX anchorage points (make sure they lock with an audible CLICK and that the safety indicators show green)
• Push the base towards the backrest of the vehicle seat until it is fully aligned with the backrest
• Moving the whole car seat back and forth from side to side will further brace it against the backrest
• Make always sure that the load leg is folded out completely (pull out the load leg by pushing the adjustment button out until it touches the vehicle floor)
• Pull the load leg out to the next locking position (make sure the load leg indicator on the base shows green)
Relatively tall infants may rest their legs on the rebound bar. Bending the legs at the knee does not affect safety in any way. As long as the child has sufficient legroom you can use the seat in a rear-facing position.
No, this seat can only be installed in vehicles with ISOFIX anchorage points, due to the fact that it must be installed with ISOFIX in every position.
We at CYBEX strongly recommend that you replace a car seat after any kind of accident. This is because tiny hairline cracks, which may not be visible to the naked eye, can appear in the plastic parts of a car seat after an accident. These cracks can pose an increased risk to safety.
Please refer to the retailer where you bought your CYBEX car seat. They will deal with the matter on your behalf.
You can order replacement parts from a specialist retailer near you. To find a store near you, simply go to the store locator on our website: https://cybex-online.com/en-en/retailer
Please observe the instructions in the User Guide. Adjust the child car seat to the size of your child and make sure that he or she is properly strapped in to ensure maximum safety.
Before purchasing the car seat it is important to check if it is approved to be used in your vehicle:
• Vehicle must have an i-Size seat that is compatible with an i-Size child car seat (we advise going to our Online Shop and checking on the product page whether the car seat is compatible with your vehicle)
• Compatibility can also be checked with typelist that can be found attached to your car seat (please do not use any part of this car seat on its own or in combination with boosters, backrests or headrests from other manufacturers or from different CYBEX product lines)
• The car seat can be used only on vehicle seats which are equipped with an automatic 3-point vehicle belt
• For proper protection of your child, it is essential to use and install the car seat according to the instructions given in the User Guide (the User Guide can be found attached to the car seat, or it can be downloaded on https://cybex-online.com)
As with any other restraint system, a car seat can only fully protect your child if he or she is secured correctly and does not actively try to leave the car seat. Common issues include the opening of belt buckles, the pulling down of shoulder belts on car seats secured by a harness, or the child attempting to wriggle out of a car seat with an impact shield.
Tighten the lap belt by pulling the shoulder belt. Afterwards please insert the shoulder belt into the belt routing.
Please also consider what clothes your child is wearing while sat in the car seat, as thick clothing reduces the protection offered by the belt. Please refer to the User Guide.
If your child attempts to wriggle out of the car seat please safely stop the vehicle and explain to your child the importance of staying in the car seat. Make it clear that the journey cannot be continued without proper protection.
Once the child exceeds 15 months of age and has reached a minimum size of 76 cm you are allowed to use the forward-facing position of your Sirona car seat. This is not a must. We rather recommend transporting children in the Sirona's rear-facing position for as long as possible. The car seat allows rear-facing travel up to a height of 105 cm (approx. 4 years).
You can easily install the cup holder by sliding it into one of two slots in the car seat shell, positioned on the side of each armrest. The positions of the slots are indicated by cup holder symbols.
i-Size is an European standard for car seats. Among other regulations i-Size states that infants must travel in a rear-facing position before the child's age exceeds 15 months and that, for the first time, side-impact protection is tested.
The Sirona can be used by infants between 45 cm and 105 cm in height or up to a maximum bodyweight of 18 kg (approx. 4 years).
It is important to check whether the car seat is compatible with your vehicle before you purchase it. The car seat is approved for use in i-Size compatible vehicle seating positions as indicated by vehicle manufacturers in their vehicle user manuals. If your vehicle does not have an i-Size seating position, please check whether the installation is allowed on the typelist inlcuded with the car seat.
The safest place for an infant car seat is on the rear seat behind the front passenger seat.
It may be possible to install a CYBEX car seat on other seats in the vehicle. You can find this information in our vehicle Type List which is available either online or along with the product when it is purchased.
Car seats can usually be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner or damp cloth. We recommend wiping the area between the seat and base with a damp cloth. Sand or other dirt beneath the cover can also be removed in this way.
Please note that a car seat should never be dismantled for cleaning. Please always refer to your car seat’s user manual when carrying out care and maintenance on your car seat.
Should you wish to clean a car seat more thoroughly than recommended above, you will have to have it cleaned professionally. Please ask the retailer who sold you the car seat to refer you to a professional service.
CYBEX Products Only: Always refer to the user guide for your specific product for detailed instructions. Newborn inlays have their own user guide which should be individually referred to. Generally the seat covers are usually machine washable at a maximum temperature of 30˚C on a delicate cycle. If you wash them at a higher temperature, the cover fabric might lose its color or shrink. Please wash the cover separately and never dry it by machine or in direct sunlight. (Warning: Only the cover of the car seat can be machine washed. The car seat itself is not allowed to be washed.)
To clean the plastic parts of the car seat wipe them with a cloth using a mild detergent and warm water. (Warning: Please do not use chemical detergents or bleaching agents under any circumstances.)
If you’re buying a car seat for a child of toddler age (between approximately 12–36 months), CYBEX offers two options. Always consider your child’s height or weight when choosing a car seat.
Sirona Series: Capable of being used in both rear-facing and forward-facing positions*, Sirona seats can be used in the safer rear-facing position up until the child is approximately four 4 years old. They can support children from birth up to 4 years old (45–105 cm in height, and 0–18** kg in weight).
* Sirona Z i-Size R can only be used rear-facing
** Sirona M2 i-Size can support a child weighing up to 19 kg in weight.
Pallas Series: These are 2-in-1 car seats including impact shields which can be converted into high-back booster seats when the child has grown big enough. These can support children from approximately 9 months old up to 12 years (9–36 kg in weight).
UN Norm R129 states that children must travel in a rear-facing position up until they exceed the age of 15 months and a height of 76 cm. However, given the current state of child restraint technology we recommend placing a car seat in the rear-facing position until the child is 4 years old, or as long as this is possible. The reason for this is as follows:
• At the beginning of their lives children generally have relatively weak neck muscles and large heads in relation to the rest of their bodies. The older they get, the stronger their neck muscles get.
• The difference in size between the head and the body evens out. However, in the event of a collision in the early years of development these two factors create a large amount of strain on their necks, making car crashes statistically more dangerous for this age group.
• Physicians, accident researchers and consumer and health organizations recommend the transport of babies and toddlers in rear-facing child seats for as long as possible, but at least until they are 4 years old.
If the child is travelling in a rear-facing position, the forces of an impact are distributed evenly over the large area of the car seat shell. The strain on the neck, head, and chest is significantly reduced, reducing the risk of injury when compared to a forward-facing car seat.
No. This car seat cannot be used on rear-facing vehicle benches.
To simplify the process of choosing the right car seat, regulations and norms have been implemented to guarantee general safety standards worldwide:
• In most parts of the world including Europe, the UN R44/04 and UN R129 testing standards are in effect. R44 classifies child restraints (car seats) according to the weight of the child. However, children grow in different ways. For example, a child might be within the weight range of an R44 seat but their head may already be reaching above the top of the seat.
• R129 child restraints are classified according to the height of the child, and also specify a weight limit. This is intended to give parents more confidence that a child restraint will fit a child during a specific growth period.
• The aim of R129 is to make child restraints easier to install, to incorporate side impact testing to provide better protection from side crashes and to keep children in a rear-facing position up until they are at least 15 months old.
• The i-Size regulation also aims to make child restraints more compatible with vehicle seats through standardized attachments.
It is possible to close the Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P.) if is pressing against the car door or if it affects the space on the passenger seat. To do so:
• Press the L.S.P operating button
• Hold it pressed and fold in the L.S.P. with small push
• Once the L.S.P has fixed in place the L.S.P. operating button can be released
Please note: The car seat can also be used without the L.S.P. if there is not enough space in the vehicle.
As soon as a car seat is installed in a vehicle, it may be exposed to high temperatures and high levels of light intensity. As a result, even high-quality and extremely age-resistant plastics such as those used by CYBEX can display certain age-related alterations. To ensure the safety of your child, we strongly recommend that the seats are not used for longer that the prescribed usage periods.
A car seat will be designed to keep your child safe for a specific period in their development, for example from birth to approximately 4 years old for a Sirona Series seat. Sometimes they can be used for longer, for example our products for babies and toddlers can also be used for a sibling. To find out the approximate lifespan of your CYBEX car seat, refer to the user manual or contact our Customer Service.